It’s almost safe to say that Miley’s taking digs at her ex, Liam Hemsworth, in her latest song”Flowers.”
Here’s what fans have noticed about the song itself and the video:
- While the song came out in the US on a Thursday, it’s official release was Friday, January 13 — Liam’s birthday.
- The lyrics essentially mirror those in “If I Was Your Man” from Bruno Mars… That’s the song fans say Liam once dedicated to Miley.
- Bruno’s song goes: “I should have bought you flowers /And held your hand / Should have gave you all my hours
- While Miley’s mirrors those words with: “I can buy myself flowers / Write my name in the sand / Talk to myself for hours”
- The line in the song, ” Built a home and watched it burn,” sounds like a direct reference to the home they shared that was literally taken out by a California wildfire.
- The suit Miley wears in the music video looks very similar (maybe it’s the same one) to one Liam once wore on the red carpet with Miley.