There’s a list of the best TikTok life hacks of 2022 . . . and if you’ve spent any time watching “life hack” videos, you know that they’re about 15% useful . . . 15% NOT useful . . . and 70% stupid. Here are a few.
1. A guy shares a Navy SEAL trick for getting the perfect, eight-minute power nap. It’s basically just lying on your back on the floor, with your legs elevated.
2. If you didn’t know that you could switch the way that your dryer door opens, there’s a guy who shows you how simple it is.
3. A woman shows you how to load a dishwasher, and the most surprising development is that the top rack can usually drop down for more space.
4. A guy shows students how to take notes in class, without actually typing anything. You use the “voice typing” feature on Google Docs.
5. An overly-excitable woman shows off a clever way to close cereal boxes, which is cool. But will it keep things as fresh as just closing it properly?
6. A woman says adding a teaspoon of baking soda when cooking ground beef keeps the fat and flavor in the meat, and doesn’t create any grease.
7. A guy explains a fascinating way you might be able to get your car’s auto windows working again . . . involving holding the button down.
8. A woman shows how you can put your potatoes in the WASHING MACHINE instead of scrubbing them. She also recommends putting a paper plate on your hand mixer to eliminate splatter . . . and freezing your butter.
9. If you have a lot of time on your hands, a woman suggests a sneaky way to identify which companies are selling your info to others. It involves changing your shipping name to incorporate the name of the company you’re ordering from. It’s interesting, but it won’t necessarily STOP it from happening.
10. And a woman shares a “hack” for getting children to drink their medicine by combining it with a juice box. Her method involves keeping them as two separate intake “straws,” but at that point, why not just combine it into the drink?