When I hear fall I think of Halloween, leaves and PUMPKINS!
I love pumpkin flavored things especially PUMPKIN BREAD!
Here is a simple yet delicious recipe to make your own pumpkin bread at home. (As always, recipes can be modified to your own liking and preferences!)
Ingredients to bake one/two loaves:
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons of pumpkin spice (I personally love using Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (Libby’s / Trader Joe’s are my favorite ones to use!)
So now you got all the ingredients, this is how you mix it up:
- Grab two separate big bowls to mix stuff in.
- You’re going to have to put and mix in all the dry ingredients together (but not the sugars), whisk them together.
- Fold over melted coconut oil and sugars in one bowl. Add one egg at a time and then mix.
- Add pumpkin puree in melted coconut oil and sugars bowl. Mix.
- Add dry ingredients in with wet ingridents. Mix.
- BOOM! You got your batter. Now transfer it onto your loaf pans.
Here are your baking instructions:
- For one loaf, pre-heat your oven 350 degrees and once it’s done, pop one loaf inside the oven for 35-45 minutes.
- For two loaves, 350 degrees is fine, but you bake time may be longer so leave both loaves in the oven for about 60-70 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 5-10 minutes and ENJOY!
TO CHECK IF IT’S READY: Stick a tooth pick in the center areas of the loaves. If it comes out clean it’s good. But if there’s bread crumbs sticking onto it, keep baking! (I didn’t have toothpicks so I used a knife to check if it was ready and that works too.)