A new survey asked people who are around the age of retirement what advice they had for others to live a long and happy life.
Researchers spoke with about 2,000 people who ARE retired and those who are close to reaching retirement and shared the top ten things you need to know in order to have a lifetime of happiness and how to live a longer life.
The top ten reasons are…
- Being someone that loves you.
- Staying close with family.
- Laughing everyday.
- Exercising daily.
- Surrounding yourself with nature.
- Getting in your full eight hours of sleep every night.
- Taking care of a pet.
- Having enough money to do whatever you want.
- Working with a job you truly love (or a job that you don’t really hate).
- Spending quality time with your kids and/or grand-kids.